Skills Bootcamp overview
Our Skills Bootcamp lasts 14 weeks with each unit taking 2 weeks. The course is online and a typical day has 3 hours of direct teaching and workshop activity (mornings) with 3 hours of guided learning to consolidate skills and develop your portfolio (afternoon).
Assessment is undertaken through the development of a portfolio through the units studied and that builds up during the programme. In addition to the taught subjects, industry speakers and employers will present sessions and host additional activities to develop an understanding of career pathways and the employer community. The Skills Bootcamp will include additional pastoral support and professional development sessions.
InDigital is the name under which Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester Digital, The Heroworx Institute & The Specialists Hub came together in the Northwest, who along with 13 other universities and partners formed a national Institute of Coding consortium, to deliver skills bootcamps for 1500+ learners as part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee & Plan for Jobs.
The 14-week online programme is targeted to ensure that you develop digital tech and business skills.
Every 14-week programme aims to ensure the long-term unemployed, disadvantaged groups, career changers, and those who need to re-focus coming out of furlough in starting on the pathway for a digital career.
Our bootcamps also offer these courses as CPD programmes for employees who wish to supplement their focus to digital careers.
The series of online Skills Bootcamp in Digital starts on 23 August, and we’ll be running these to March 2022.
On completing the course learners will be:
- confident in using the computing and the digital skills needed for business
- have the confidence to innovate and explore the digital domain further
- obtain technical skills in Digital Sales and Cyber Security to develop new career opportunities
- develop Business, Employment and Entrepreneurship skills to enable learners to quickly establish themselves with employers.
Skills Bootcamp in Digital will cover areas related to:
- Employment and Business Readiness
- Computing Fundamentals
- Digital Sales Innovator
- Cyber Security Technician
- Tech for Good
- Cyber Security Risk Analyst
- Business and Entrepreneurship
Approximately 14 weeks, 30 hours per week.
The Bootcamp programme lasts 14 weeks with each unit within it taking 2 weeks.
The Bootcamps are online and a typical day has 3 hours of direct teaching and workshop activity with 3 hours of guided learning to consolidate skills and develop your portfolio.
We’re running two groups in November. Each programme lasts for 14 weeks.
- 15 November 2021 – 7 March 2022
- 29 November 2021 – 21 March 2022