The ISO 27001 Lead Auditor training course enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Information Security Management System (ISMS) audit by applying widely recognised audit principles, procedures and techniques.
What Will You Learn?
- The structure and major requirements of ISO/IEC 27001
- The certification bodies audit process
- Principles and benefits of effective auditing
- Auditing terms and definitions
- Critical skills required in performing an audit
- Best-practice audit methodology
- Establishing, maintaining and managing an audit programme
- Planning, conducting, reporting, summarising and following up on an audit
- Interviewing techniques and observation skills
- Evaluating and assessing the competence of auditors
- Accredited certification audit specifics
- Auditing processes used in first, second and third-party audits
- Continual improvement of the ISMS
You will also learn how to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communicate with customers, and resolve any potential conflicts.
Who should attend this training course?
This course is designed for managers responsible for the implementation and maintenance of an ISO 27001 compliant Information Security Management System (ISMS). The training is also tailored at individuals who want an internationally recognised ISO 27001 Lead Auditor qualification to further their careers. It’s also Typical job roles include:
- Head of IT
- Information and Risk Manager
- Information Security analyst
- Information Security Officer
- Internal Auditor
- ISMS Manager
- IT/ Information Security Manager
- Compliance Auditor
- GDPR Consultant
- IT/ Information Security Consultant
- Cyber Security Consultant
After acquiring the necessary skills to perform ISMS audits, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor certification, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organisations based on best practices.