This 1 day introductory, practical course aims to familiarise attendees with the basic concepts, techniques and skills used by Ethical Hackers or Penetration Testers. It is aimed at people with a computing understanding, however it is accessible to a non-technical audience. It is suitable for people who have an interest in a career in Ethical Hacking; networking or web development professionals who wish to expand their knowledge of threats and attacks; sysadmins in SMEs with a security responsibility or staff in a non-technical management or compliance role who wish to gain a deeper insight. The course will give attendees an oversight of the skills and techniques professionals use and allow them to execute a sample of practical attacks using the most common tools.
The course consists of:
· An introduction to the threat landscape: who are the hackers and what do they want?
· The stages of an ethical hacking engagement
· Legal and ethical issues in client engagements
· An overview of the skills required and standards used to quantify vulnerabilities and threats
· Introduction to scanning, enumeration and network compromise
· Introduction to web application hacking
· Professional scoping and reporting
The course is delivered at our Manchester Airport Training Academy. Lunch and refreshments are provided and there is free onsite parking. If attendees wish to proceed onto the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)v10 course, a £495 credit voucher will be provided and redeemable against this course.