This CISSP exam preparation course deals with the security concepts to be mastered in order to obtain CISSP certification. In an accelerated but rigorous manner, this training prepares the student for the CISSP examination, covering the entirety of the Common Body of Knowledge about security (CBK) as defined by the ISC2®. The CBK covers eight security domains: Security and Risk Management, Asset Security, Security Engineering, Communication and Network Security, Identity and Access Management, Security Assessment and Testing, Security Operations, Software Development Security.
1: Security and Risk Management
2: Asset Security
3: Security Engineering
4: Communication and Network Security
5: Identity and Access Management
6: Security Assessment and Testing
7: Security Operations
8: Software Development Security
At course completion students should be able to:
- Prepare for CISSP Certification based on the (ISC) 2 CBK
- Identify the access control mechanisms that create a security architecture and protect assets;
- Recognize the cryptography principles, means and methods of disguising information;
- Explore business continuity and disaster recovery planning for the preservation of business operations;
- Examine core elements of network security including network structures and transmission methods;
- Inspect the key security concepts for application software development.
Participants must possess a basic understanding of networks, operating systems and information security. The course is an intensive review in preparation for the examination, not basic training.
The certification exam is not included with the course. To apply for the examination, go to the official web site of the ISC2 (www.isc2.org).
CISSP certification is based on an adaptive exam covering multiple formats between 100-150 questions about the 8 domains of the CBK – Length: 3 hours.